Thursday, July 29, 2010

The wHiNiNg...

For the LOVE make it stop.
My ears can't handle it anymore.
Cohen has really had a difficult time with talking back.
I know it comes with his age, but really, does it have to be
ALL the TIME?
Any and all suggestions will be considered.
He (and the other  boys) have been a little under the weather and not feeling well,
so i have cut him a little slack.
But good golly, i have HAD it.
I have summons him to his room, what feels like a MILLION times today already.
I will ask him to do something so routine or small or whatever and almost instantly these whiny high pitched words come flowing out of his mouth. 
I nicely respond with "what did you say" or "i cant understand whining" or something nice.
But when the words come back out the exact same way
 and usually with more attitude,
I LOSE IT. 
I swear i try and count or do something, but its really not working anymore. 
I have been asking myself if i need anger management.??
I really have been trying to watch my tone of voice, but its like they dont take you serious if you dont have that "mean" tone. 
Anywho....i gotta stop rambling,
 cause at this very moment ALL three little boys are peacefully sleeping. 
I guess Heavenly Father really does love me, or felt bad for me or the boys, i don't know which, but all i can say is the 
silence is A.W.E.S.O.M.E.  
peace out. i am going to lay on the couch for a minute and get some ME time.

3 comments:

Shay said...

I hope your ME time was FabuLous. I can't wait for a little Me-Girl time next Friday with my best lady friends...well with the exception of towing the breast-dependent child along...

Ashley, Cory and Cash too!!! said...

Wow, I know what you mean! Sometimes I just want to flick someones mouth! And sometimes I do, sometimes I feel guilty about it, and sometimes I don't. I think it might be our dieting, maybe we are just so da** hungry, we are just a little short tempered:) ha ha. Everything will be better when we are skinny again! Love Ya!

Chelene said...

I usually tell Ryder NO WHINING. Or STOP WHINING NOW. And in a tone of voice that means business. It drives me nuts, too. The good thing is that it usually means he is tired and ready for a nap or sleep or just a quiet time in front of the T.V. But no hitting or flicking or any physical punishment. They're just little kids trying to figure out their way in life. If I feel like I am getting to that point, I know it's time for ME to have a timeout! :)