This morning didn't start out great. I came downstairs to LOUD boys. I nicely asked them to be a little quieter.
Cohen then showed me he had on different pajama bottoms. He then explained to me what happened....
(while grabbing his pants where his privates are he says) "i was really sleepy and i couldn't wake up and a little potty came out. Not a lot though." I then asked if his bed was wet, (since he said it was only a little, i assumed maybe it was only a little. ha). He then says there's a little circle. Okay, so that is not a little "potty". To leave a "little circle" the kid must have went a lot of potty.
This is only like the 5th time Cohen has wet the bed. No big deal.
Accidents happen. Right?
So, i head upstairs to wash beds, which i just did 5 days ago and which I REALLY dislike doing. While upstairs i hear the crashing and shattering of glass. I instantly know what it is and am instantly upset. I try and count to ten. Doesn't work. I kinda punch at the wall. Still doesn't work. I then just let it all out. I yell (way too loud) down to the boys as of what just happened. Cohen, in a nice calm voice tells me,"i kicked the ball and it hit your glass thing on the table." I send both boys to their room and tell them that they know better then to kick the ball in house. Luckily James was still home to help with the clean up and the boys safety:)
I go downstairs to find that not only was the vase thing broken, but the base hit the table so hard it shattered the table glass as well. Again, i count and try to take deep breaths.
I was not mad they broke the glass.
I was and am mad because i feel like i am a broken record day after day.
I would say we don't have very many "rules" in our house. I feel like i am pretty easy going when it comes to the rules. But i have asked them hundred's, thousands of times....Please do not kick the ball in the house. It has been a long time since they have kicked it actually and i am pretty sure it wont happen again (at least not for a looong time, i hope). :)
4 comments:
oh sad! wasn't i just saying how I thought that glass thingy on your table made it look so nice! hope i didn't jinx ya? I think i have come to the realization that i just won't have anything nice until my kids are big. And you are supposed to call me when you are losing you sanity:)
Cami - I TOTALLY feel the same way. I'm so tired of telling Hailey the same dang things over and over and over and over...ARGH!!
I totally feel your pain.
Your a great mom to count to ten. Dont we love boys. Just think this is only the first of many. I can say that because I have all boys too. I love ya your a great mommy
oh no, that is the worst. Yes, hopefully they won't do that again.
Post a Comment