Wow. I feel like i am so far behind on my blog. I write and document this blog/journal for me and my family to look back on. I made a book from this blog of the first 18 months and I.LOVE.IT. I love looking back on the memories and how i wrote it and how i was feeling. So on that note, i find myself falling behind because i want remember and document the special times (and not so special times), the ups and downs, milestones, and so on.
So that is why its been two wks since Memorial Day and im finally getting around to posting about our fun stay-cation!
***OK so the whole week before the weekend, James and i were throwing out the idea of going down to St. George. The weather up north here had been awful. I mean rain and wind and blah blah. It was not going to be a nice warm-play-in-the-sun-barbeque-weekend.
Well the whole st. george thing failed, we just couldn't make it work.
Well the whole st. george thing failed, we just couldn't make it work.
Friday night we took the boys to see Rio. Cute movie and the boys were eating up every minute of our family time together.
Saturday actually started out sunny, not hot, but warm. We decided to clean out the dreaded garage and the boys and james had fun washing the cars.
We cleared out all the junk and even power washed this sucker. It looks so much better now. Yeah!
The Boys did such a great job washing the cars.
They've had a good teacher.
"nice bum, where ya from....."
Jagger was just doing his own thing.
He's so funny and becoming is DENNIS the MENNIS. ahhh.
Good thing he's cute.....
He was playing with this bucket and it turned into this.....
Such a funny kid. Love him.
*****
Saturday quickly turned from sunny to glumy and thats how the rest of the weekend was also. boo.
Sunday we went to church and then played games all night with the Sheffields and Howells. Nothing like a good game of Settlers to get the family going!
Monday morning was chilly and windy. I woke up and James was saying lets hurry and get ready and be at Boondocks before all the crowds. The BOYS were THRILLED. I was thinking "oh man it could be crazy busy", but we got there and there was hardly anyone there. Yeah for us!
The boys were dying to Mini Golf.
Tim, Amanda, and Grayden came along for the fun!
Jagger and Grayden were running all over the place. Jagger will try and go as far away as he can from us. Such a stinker. He got in trouble and went and sat on this bench all by himself. He thought we couldn't see him.
We then went in and played some games and cashed in tickets for prizes.
I had to borrow Amanda's "kinder Kord"(leash) to keep Jags attached to me. He fought me for a little bit and then soon realized he's not going to be able to sneak away. HA.
We then ended up at one of our familys fav restaurants.
Ummm, so so good.
Sunday we went to church and then played games all night with the Sheffields and Howells. Nothing like a good game of Settlers to get the family going!
Monday morning was chilly and windy. I woke up and James was saying lets hurry and get ready and be at Boondocks before all the crowds. The BOYS were THRILLED. I was thinking "oh man it could be crazy busy", but we got there and there was hardly anyone there. Yeah for us!
The boys were dying to Mini Golf.
Tim, Amanda, and Grayden came along for the fun!
Jagger and Grayden were running all over the place. Jagger will try and go as far away as he can from us. Such a stinker. He got in trouble and went and sat on this bench all by himself. He thought we couldn't see him.
We then went in and played some games and cashed in tickets for prizes.
I had to borrow Amanda's "kinder Kord"(leash) to keep Jags attached to me. He fought me for a little bit and then soon realized he's not going to be able to sneak away. HA.
We then ended up at one of our familys fav restaurants.
Ummm, so so good.
Even though the weather was yuck. We had a productive and fun family weekend together.
Happy Memorial Day!


















2 comments:
What a great weekend! I love the pic of Jagger trying to get away.
Looks like fun! Cafe Rio accompanied with a fountain drink sounds amazing!!! If you are off to the family reunion this weekend tell everyone hi. You boys are darling and getting so big.
Post a Comment