Thursday, September 1, 2011

KiNdErGaRtEN.

I can't believe it.
We officially have a KINDERGARTENER.
Im so happy for him, but at the same time it was harder then i thought it would be to send him on that bus.
He has been so ready and is so excited.
***
Mine and James' day yesterday was crazy to say the least, it was not at all how i planned this day out in my head, but with the help of family and friends we were both able to be there to see Cohen off to school!
***
I made him pose for the routine first day of school photos, then proceeded to follow him with my camera until he got on the bus and off the bus at school :)
Yes. I am that mom.
 He was so excited for the bus that he walked out to it about 20 min early.
I had to go get him and let him know he was super early.
 He and his buddy Carson.
They get to ride the bus together and they are also in the same class.

The #1's are for the "first day of school".......
Still waiting for the bus.
The bus was really late, but its the first day of school and lots of kindergartener's.

I was keeping my emotions under control, until i looked over at Val.
 I then lost it.
Then i really lost it when the bus pulled up, and i told him i loved him and to have a good day.
Then he climbed the stairs and disappeared behind the tinted windows.
tears. and more tears.


 Val and i hurried to see them arrive at school and then we headed to an orientation.
We missed them getting off the bus, but i did get to see them line up and head off to class.
***
When the bus arrived home, cohen was the first one off.
He threw his back pack to me and said he was so thirsty and ran for home.
 I had warm cookies waiting for him when he got home.
I also saw this cute idea about doing a big cookie and writing "1st day of school".
I just put a K (kindergarten) :)!
Heather and her kids were there to see him come home and of course to enjoy the yummy cookies.
***
Cohen did tell me all about his 1st day and what he did, who he sat by, and what he did for recess.
We seriouly love this kid. He loves school and can't wait for the bus to come everyday.
At 10am he's asking when the bus will come.
I do miss my little buddy, but such is life and growing up.
As much as i like some of my free time, (jagger napping and bos having rest time) its weird not having him home all afternoon.
Love you buddy.
Happy 1st day of Kindergarten!

1 comment:

Chastina said...

It's great that they love school, I just wish the enthusiasm extended to homework.