Friday, October 26, 2012

1st Grader.

Yep, still trying to play catch-up here on the ole blog.
Cohen has now been in 1st grade for 4 1/2 months now and he loves it (now)!  
We had a rough start actually.
He came home the first day all happy and excited, but by the end of the night he was in tears saying he didn't want to go to school and he's teacher was mean.
I was heartbroken for him. The first day of school and his teacher is mean??
I had heard she was pretty strict and demanded a lot of the kids, but I didn't think she would be yelling at the kids the first week of school.
This happened everyday for a week. I finally called and talked to the principle and he was no help. I was at a loss. I was sad that my son, who loved school and loved learning, was now crying every night not wanting to go to school. 
We decided to give it another week and if Cohen was still upset, then we would try and change teachers. Well the next few weeks were great and I think Cohen realized that when the teacher is getting up-set that it wasn't directed solely at him.
School has been great from then on out and I couldn't be more grateful. 
It was a stressful time :)
****
Toothless grin. (he looks like he is pain)
 Walking to the bus with his buddy.
He rides the Flintstone bus. He loves riding the bus!
Done with his first day!
 Some of Cohen's favorite things about first grade right now and in his life at the moment.
*Tether Ball (apparently the best first grader)
*Basketball
*Football
*Racing at recess (apparently the 2nd fastest, a girl is 1st fastest :)
*Friends 
*Playing outside till the last bit of daylight
*Sassy Attitude 
Its been fun to see him grow and develop. 
The attitude has not been fun, but such is life and with growing kids.

No comments: