We went down to Lake Powell last weekend for JD's bday. (JD is one of James good friends

from HS) The weather wasn't great but we sure had a fun time. It was really windy the first two days so we stayed in the slip. We played lots of fun games and I just ate and ate. Cindy says she never cooks but she was cooking up some yummy things that I couldn't keep my hands off of. Two other couples also came, Alissia(?) and Josh and Bryce and Jen. They are such fun couples. The boys made up games to play to keep themselves busy. All day friday they played bucketball, where they set up the luggage carts and tried to throw the football into them from various locations. Saturday evening we played girls against guys tackle football on the top of the house boat. We barely lost and the sad thing is they had to play on their knees.:( After football they were all stinky and sweaty so one of them came up with this genious idea to take this paddle boat off one of the house boats and paddle out of the dock area and take a bath in the lake. The outside air was about 60 degrees and the water about69-70. This was the funniest thing to watch. They almost sank the paddle boat and eventually all had to jump in. Sunday's weather was pretty

good and James and Bryce were dying to get in and do some wakeboarding. This was James' second time ever wakeboarding and he did pretty good. A little more practice and he'll get the hang of it. We had such a good time. I hope we get the invite next year.:)
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Binks family who lost their sweet little girl last Monday at Powell. We barely met them that weekend and I can't even imagine what they are going through right now. It breaks my heart. I can't seem to get that beautiful little girls face out of my thoughts. I've been hugging my boys tighter and more often then ever. You just never know when our loved ones could be called up.

This was so funny and it was cold.



they would play sequence for hours.
1 comment:
Hey eneryone look at JDs shorts...
Post a Comment