I was telling James that we haven't really gone swimming this yr or gone to the beach, so we took the boys to the pool. Cohen was really excited and when we got there he was wading in the kiddy area and fell forward and started to panick. He could of easily stood up. He was swallowing water and the look on his face made my heart ache. I ran in there and scooped him up. He was so sad. He was terrified of the water for the rest of the day. He wouldn't even let james hold him in the water. He stood on the edge watching all the kids have fun. You could tell he wanted to play, but was too scared. He eventually stopped whining and would play, but not in the water. James on the other hand was having a blast. We went with the Ginn's and james was having a good time chasing Landon and Stacia. I wish our kid wasn't being such a stinker, because he would have really enjoyed it.

It was also my good friend Ashley's 25th Bday that day. Her dad had a big bbq for her. It was lots of fun and so nice of her dad to do all the cooking and provide all the meat.
Happy Birthday Ash!
5 comments:
How fun! Ava loves swimming. Hopefully Cohen isn't traumatized for too long. :)
OMG, the boys' new pictures on the right are sooooooooo stinkin' cute. They're gonna be such heart-breakers when they are teenagers. Where did you get them done? Or did I miss that post (I've been bad about checking blogs, sorry!)
I'm glad you guys are having such a fun summer. Let's go to the splash pad this week! And glad James survived the fireworks...I was worried he'd come out with his face blown up after jumping through all of them ;-) He's crazy!
Looks like fun, sorry we missed it!
That looks like great fun! Sometimes I wish my boys were a little more scared of the water, it totally stresses me out when Tanner goes one way and Luke goes the other. That is why we've only had three swimming adventures this summer. I love the pictures of your boys on the side bar, So Cute!
Thanks again for inviting us. We had so much fun!!!
Post a Comment