Jagger James Fountaine
July 21, 2009
7lbs 8oz
I had my appt to get my membranes stripped on monday at 1pm. The appt went great and i told my dr. that i would see him that night/early morning. He didn't have the same confidence as i did. The boys and i hung around at my moms for the day and then we got dinner and ran a few errands. We came home and i started to clean and get things ready for the boys to stay with grandparents. We decided to have Gma DeAnn sleepover, rather then call her in the middle of the night. I got showered and packed our bags. It was getting to be about 1am and i started to think maybe i wouldn't go tonight. I had been feeling "pressure" all day, but nothing too uncomfortable. I finally layed in bed and started to feel more pressure, but again, it didn't hurt and there was no leaking or anything. I then heard Bosten stirring and whining. I got up and tucked him back in. I went back to bed and fell asleep. Around 3am i heard Cohen. I looked over at James thinking maybe he will get up with him, but he was dead to the world. I got up with cohen and he was cold, so i tucked him back in too. I then got back into bed and realized my "pressure" was now more like contractions. They still didn't hurt, but i started to time them and they were about 4-6 mins apart. After 45min i woke james and told him we really needed to start timing my contractions. Well the very next contraction was all of sudden super painful. We jumped in the car and made our way to the hospital.
My labors go really fast and I always worry that i wont get the epidural in time, so the second i get there, i am asking for the drugs. We arrived at the hospital at 0420 and i was already dilated to a 5 and 90% effaced. The contractions were getting soooo painful and for that 30-60 seconds i really feel like im going to die and then its over and everythings fine for a few minutes. The anesthesiologist is one of my favorite people. He was there as soon as that ridiculously slow bag of saline was empty and he got the okay from the nurses. Its amazing how the pain disappears and you can enjoy the delivery. The epidural is worth every penny. About 30 mins later the dr and the rest of the crew came in and we were ready to get this baby out. I pushed for 10-15min through 4 contractions and out popped our 3rd gorgeous little boy.
He sounded great and looked great. He nursed well from the start. That evening though, he had to be taken to the NICU, because his bellirubin levels were to high. It was so sad seeing him under the lights with no blanket and a silly little mask on. They would only bring him to me on a feeding only basis. He stayed there through the night and in the morning the levels were down. He had a few more checks periodically and the levels stayed in the safe zone.
No epidural yet.....
EPIDURAL!!
Ahh... how nice modern medicine makes L&D. Waiting comfortably to push this little guy out. I am pretty sure we have a picture exactly like this from every delievery.
Celebration Dinner the hospital brings you and your hubby.
some of our visitors. cohen loved jags from the start, bos, not so much. but the 2nd day they came, bos was giving kisses and wanted to hold him.
We are already so in love with this little guy. Strange to already image life without him. One of the best surprises!

10 comments:
I'm so glad everything went well! He is adorable and you guys look so happy. You are great parents so no wonder you got a special suprise! Whats one more right?
He is gorgeous! What a fun post to read. I can't believe I haven't seen him yet. We have a gift all ready, just need to make it over! Congratulations! Your family is beautiful.
congrats. jags is such a cutie and look JUST like his two older brothers already. i love his name. good to hear your story and that everything went well.
what is that blue thing he's laying in in the carseat... is it like a blanket with holes for the straps? where did you get it? i want one... :)
So glad that you got a second to post! He is so precious! and I am so jealous that "out popped" your baby, that is pretty amazing to have such a smooth delivery! It was good to see you wish we could have seen each other again, but I am glad to be in my own space again!
Yeah, love to hear the story. I am so with you on the epidural, worth every penny and inch of that long needle! Can't wait for another friend to play with !
Congratulations!!!
Congrats Cami! He is a cutie!
How exciting! I must be baby hungry because I was reading your story like it was the last chapter of twilight! He is beautiful. Congrats!!
Congrats on the new little one!!! He really is precious, thanks for sharing all the great pics!
Congrats! He is gorgeous and I am glad all went well!
Post a Comment