Last night i was snuggling with these two....
I was snuggling with Bos first and squeezing him so tight (almost to the point, that i thought he was going to kick me out) and he let me. I told him he was going to be my "baby Bosten" forever and i wanted him and cohen to stay little. He replied "mom, we are big boys now". tear.
They are getting big. It was one of those mom moments, where you realize how fast they really are growing. Makes me sad.
I then left Bos and climbed up to Cohen. He too lets me snuggle and squeeze to the point of annoyance. I kept asking them, that when they are 10, 12, 16, and even 20 yrs old if they will let me snuggle them whenever i wanted and they both said yes. (another reason to document this is so when that time comes i can refer them back to this post and they will have to let me snuggle them :) I left Cohen and he complained that bosten had longer snuggles then him. I quickly reassured him that i would return the next night. As i was leaving their room i told them to sleep good and that i loved them.
Bosten says to me "mom you forgot my kisses".
What???? He never asks for kisses. I smothered that kid in kisses.
That night I laid in bed and reminisced with James about the boys. Its bitter sweet being a mom. You love to watch your kids learn and grow, but you also love it when they are little and innocent. And when they say the cutest things, that you hope you remember.
Sometimes i find myself going through everyday at a fast pace, getting mad at the boys, complaining about the house being a mess, and toys everywhere, and why they keep fighting and bugging eachother. I have decided to sit back and really watch and play with them and enjoy these days. The other day cohen asked me to play a game and i usually answer with something like " yeah, just give me a minute to get such-in-such done", well i stopped and we played and it felt so good. I love these boys and i love being a mom. Im not gonna lie, its hard at times, but i love it and so worth it.
*i dont want jags to feel like he was left out of this post, but he was fast asleep and only snuggles when he first wakes up in the mornings. He has recently been asking for "tisses, tisses" and "nuggles". probably one of the cutest things. i love it.*


1 comment:
What a great memory! Hopefully they will let you keep snuggling and giving them kisses.
Post a Comment