We load the boat and quickly come to a stop in the middle of the swamp and see this:
not just ONE, but THREE, FOUR, FIVE of these things. They were popping up all over the place. I think they were trying to surround us and then make a move. AHHHHH!
The Captain let me drive the boat. We passed by Star Island/Millionaires Row. We saw P Diddys house, Kelly Preston's and John Travolta's, and many more. The Captain was cool, but oh man he had some serious bad breath. I was about to die.
{SOUTH BEACH}
Totally overrated, but we had to go since we were in the area. Even though it was cloudy and rainy, the beach was really nice.
James nor I have ever been to a pro football game before, so we were both really excited. James was so excited he couldn't even sleep. Barb ended up not being able come b/c her little guy ended up with croup. I was totally bummed, but she took care of me and got me out of going to the game 3 hrs early. (thanks so much:) James got there and took many a pictures of all these players that I have no idea who they are. He was in football heaven, to say the least. Barb and John hooked us up with awesome seats, as well as players passes at the end of the game.
Here are of a few pics that James took. (John Beck #9, Tomlinson #21, and some dude from the UofU #32)
We had so much fun!
Here we are being annoying and having
John sign all our memorabilia.
Look at all our stuff!Barb got me addicted to popcorn with peanut butter m&m's at Snow College. It is such a yummy treat. We had a good time reminiscing about the good ole days at Snow.....so many memories!!
(you probably can't tell, but Barb is like 7 months pregnant here. She is so tiny.)
Wow, look who is the shorty.
Thanks again you guys, we seriously had so much fun!
* a little side note.....james and I flew standby and on the way out we had no problems, but on the way back we got stuck in atlanta. We were warned that it was one of Delta's biggest hubs and that we could get stuck for a really long time. Well i had no idea that so many people wanted to go to slc. Almost every flight was over sold and had about 32 standbys on the waiting list. After spending hrs in the airport together this is how i felt about james:
He was being super annoying and texting the whole time (i blame jd for the texting part:). Not to mention being a poor sport when he would lose to me playing cards!!
That face is begging for a punch!
This is a happy pic because we finally made it on a flight home (we had to jump on a flight to Cincinnati and then to slc)
A huge thanks to my mom for watching the boys and for Gma DeAnn for helping out too!



10 comments:
about time you updated! I guess I have no room to talk. One question - what was I thinking not taking any pictures while you were out? Maybe it was the sick one distracting me! I love all your pics except of course my g's hanging out on the couch! haha, I'm glad you had fun it was so fun to have you guys here!! Now bring your kids so we can do fun stuff with them!!
It looks like it was lots of fun! I need a couple's vacation.
Looks like fun..the gators are crazy down there. That picture of James is way funny; he kinda looks like a burn victim. I love that you made him sign your stuff. I wish Jamie had had Korver sign scout's shoes.
How fun! One day I hope to be able to surprise Blandy like that! I can't believe you read the entire post.... it was SO LONG! I bummed because I would love to do your family's pictures but I don't think we are going to make it out there this Christmas. I will let you know if plans change!
Looks like you guys had such a good time together. I think I would have been a little freaked out by the gators though!
oh my gosh are you the cutest wife? how fun I'm so jelouse, except for the alligators it looked like fun.
Michelle
We are glad that we are not the only ones stalking!! Anyway we love it here in Iowa. We say that but we have not been through a winter yet....
Sounds like fun! We were actually just in South Beach last month...how funny is that! Great minds think alike! We stayed in South Beach - it was definitely a different place. We stood out like sore thumbs!
Tell your fam Hi!
how FUN!! I can't pretent that i'm not a little jealous though. It's so pretty there and I miss Barb! I'm glad you guys had fun, what a nice anniversary in paradise!
hey the game and gators are impressive, but your babe wife tops the list! James - true winner, through and through!
Post a Comment