Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Griswalds or What?


Last weekend we decided to go out and get a Christmas Tree. This is always a fun adventure for us, especially since we do not have a truck or SUV to help with transporting the tree back to our house. We find this perfect tree, but how do we get it home? James finds some twine from another tree and proceeds to tie the tree on top of the car. While securing the tree tightly on top, he doesn't realize that he has tied the drivers door and the door behind the driver shut. There was no way he was going to be able to get in through the drivers side. This was actually quite funny. After James had crawled through the passengers side, we were off. We were totally Griswalding it. I can only imagine the looks on peoples faces as we were driving down the freeway. I am sure they were picturing Chevy Chase. Well what an adventure. We always have such good times together.
We get it inside and the smell of fresh pine instantly takes over. That is why I love getting a real Christmas tree. Now hopefully it will last till Christmas Day!! Wouldn't that be awful if it died...I would be so sad:( But the way my luck is going I will have a dead tree. Cross your fingers!




(pics of the finished product soon to come:)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh that is too funny! I wish I could have seen you driving down the road because im sure you guys were laughing the whole way home! but I have to say James im impressed with your twine job! Isnt that really the best thing about real trees.. the smell! I just dont think Ill ever be able to completely go for a fake tree. Also the adventure every year is so fun to go and pick one out! xoxo
~ Katie

Shay said...

i'm still laughing out loud...by myself! That's some funny $*%! I can't wait to show Aaron the pics.